Covid19 19 Roadmap Step 3 - Re-opening of the clubhouse
Published 07:56 on 13 May 2021
Drink and Food can now be consumed inside.
Bar Opening times returning to '7 days' from Wednesday 19th May.
Catering service extended to 5 days (lunchtimes) from Wednesday 2nd June.
Overnight stays on boats revised to "Rule of Six or Two Households".
We are pleased to inform you that Step 3 of the Government Roadmap will be implemented on Monday 17th May.
The main changes affecting us at Benfleet Yacht Club will be as follows:
- Both food and drink can now be consumed inside of the clubhouse.
- Members will be able to stay on their boats overnight under the 'rule of six' or 'two household' restrictions.
Unfortunately, the following regulations and restrictions have to remain in place:
- Members 'must be seated' at all times when eating and drinking and must not walk about or mix with people seated at other tables.
- Seating at tables must be in line with rule of six or two household restrictions, plus observing social distancing.
- Follow the one-way system signage.
- Face masks / coverings must be worn at all times whilst inside the clubhouse, including when ordering food and drinks, and when using the toilets.
- Drinks will be served from the bar in the Dowsing Room. The small bar will be open for seating only.
- Food will be served from the doorway connecting the kitchen with the Dowsing Room.
- Members are requested to return their empty glasses etc. to the table adjacent to the bar.
- 'Each person' over the age of 16 drinking or eating, must either register their attendance either via the NHS Test and Trace QR code or sign the paper register. It is not permitted for one person to register only "their name, plus 3" for example.
- The changing rooms still remain out-of-use until further notice.
We are also pleased to announce that the bar will return to 7 days per week opening starting from Wednesday 19th May and catering times will be extended to 5 days per week commencing Wednesday 2nd June. Full opening times are shown on the Bar and Catering page.