Benfleet Yacht Club's dinghy sailing and racing predominantly takes place in the sheltered waters of Benfleet Creek.
We have an extensive racing programme running throughout the entire year, which encompasses all classes and types of sailing dinghies.
Our members sail an eclectic mix of boats, ranging from single handed Laser's, Topper's & RS Tera's through to two person Wayfarer, GP14 etc. Basically, anything goes.
Calendar of Dinghy Events
Full details of all future BYC Dinghy Sailing and Racing events can be found in the
The above link connects to the BYC central events calendar, but has been filtered to Dinghy Events only
Alternatively, you can download a PDF copy of the Benfleet Yacht Club Tide Table Booklet from the link below
Tidal predictions for Southend-on-Sea contained in both the BYC website and members printed handbook are computed by software developed at the National Oceanography Centre, UK. Copyright Reserved.
2024 Portsmouth Handicap Race Numbers List
Scroll down the page to 'Download' the following documents:
Dinghy racing results (current and past)
Dinghy racing course card & creek chartlet
Dinghy Park application form
BYC dinghy racing "Sailing Instructions"
The complete Racing Rules of Sailing 2017 - 2020
Race Protest Form
Dinghy Park Storage Space Application
Members are required to reserve a space in the dinghy park prior to bringing a boat on site.
Please make sure that your boat name or number is visible externally and that it is tied down securely.
To request or cancel a space, or notify a change of boat, please complete and return the Dinghy Park Application Form
- please click on the link below - full instructions are contained on the form
In the event that you are not able to utilise this form, please directly email the Dinghy Park administrator,
Ian Bunyan (click here to send an email), advising all of the details listed below.
Members Name | Address | Telephone No.
Boat Type: Sailing Dinghy, Rowing Boat, Kayak, RIB or Dory etc
Boat Class | Length & Beam
Boat Name or Sail / Hull Number | Colour or any other identifying features
DINGHY & ROW BOAT PARK RULES
1. Dinghy Park spaces are allocated to members. The Dinghy Captain must be notified in writing if members either require a space or change their boat.
2. Either the boat's name or sail number must be clearly marked on hull to provide identification.
3. All dinghies must be adequately tied down; preferably be using stakes into the ground.
4) Member are required to keep their allocated dinghy space tidy, free from weeds or debris and with the grass cut where appropriate.
USE OF BYC OWNED ROAD TRAILERS "ON PUBLIC HIGHWAYS" (dinghy and rowing boat trailers etc)
When using a club trailer to transport club or personally owned boats the following will apply:
- All members / users must comply with road trailer and towing laws and rules.
- All members / users are responsible for ensuring the trailer is roadworthy suitable for road use.
- The member / user must provide a suitable lighting board with their registration number plate etc.
- All boats / loads must be securely and safely tied down / fastened to the trailer.
- Please note that whilst towing a club trailer and whilst attached to the towing vehicle, the trailer with club boats or personally owned boats, the third-party liability insurance is covered by the towing vehicle's insurance.
- Any material damage to the trailer or boat belonging to the club is covered by the club's insurance. Any material damage to personally owned boats/belongings is not covered by the club's insurance.
- This is a legal requirement and cannot be varied or amended.
- 2024 Dinghy Racing Results NYR.xlsx
- 2023 Dinghy Racing Results.xlsx
- 2023 Interclub Dinghy Team Race.pdf
- 2022 Dinghy Racing Results FINAL.xlsx
- 2021 Dinghy Racing Results.xlsx
- 2021 Interclub Dinghy Team Race Results.xls
- 2020 Dinghy Race Results.xlsx
- Dinghy Race Courses 2021.pdf
- RYA Protest Form 2020.pdf
- Racing Rules of Sailing 2021 to 2024.pdf