For Sale and Wanted
Advertisements are to be restricted to BYC Members "Craft" and "Boating Related Equipment" only.
Please send your advertisement by email to Paul Field (Webmaster).
Advertisements will remain on display for 4 months, unless otherwise notified to remove or retain.
Please include your contact details: name, e-mail address and / or telephone no.
Send text and any photo's separately: not integrated into a single document.
For Sale Stag 28 Sailing Cruiser
5 Berth Saltern's built Stag 28, 1977 Lifting keel cruising yacht.
6' 2" head room in the salon. Well appointed forward cabin with hanging lockers and shelves. Her interior is hardwood joinery giving a cosy quality feel. Large separate heads with fitted holding tank. Fridge - cool box conversion. Cruising chute and spare sails
In recent years she has had the following items renewed:
- 468 hours on new Yanma 3YM20 engine fitted by French Marine (2015)
- Spray hood (2018)
- Cockpit cushions (2018)
- New heads fitted (2018)
- New cushions in the salon (2016)
- Solar pannel and controller (2015)
- Hard standing rigging replaced by D R S Rigging (2015)
- Lazy jacks and rigging lines returning to the cockpit (2016)
- 2 pack epoxy spray and coppercoat by Giilliham Marina workshop (2017)
My wife Pam, and I have enjoyed sailing her for 20 years, she is a dry boat in good condition that sails very well, she's residing on her trolley at Benfleet Yacht Club
Please contact AlanTovey 07813521896
Raymarine Dragonfly 5m 5 inch colour chart plotter with gps & Silver EU charts.
Never been used in my boat
Contact Derek Lawson-Smith
YACHT TROLLEY FOR SALE
Suitable for yacht around 29' (previously occupied by twin keel Westerly Konsort 29 Janimari II)
Trailer being offered at scrap value £400 - frame and sleepers sound requires rust removal and paint.
Requires new wheels/ tyres
Good project for engineer/ DIY
Contact Sid Rowley 07831635255
(by the Secretary of the former Chapman Sands Sailing Club)
"Top Cat K2" catamaran sailing dinghy
Complete with road trailer (with storage boxes), launching trolley and sails
This particular boat came second in the World Championships in Italy in 2005.
Contact Bill Gosnold on 01268683703 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can be viewed at Benfleet Yacht Club
Decommissioning of Cruising Yacht "Kerry Dawn" - Various items for sale - All based at BYC
- 1. Diesel Engine: 51hp Perkins 4108 (4 cylinder) - with exhaust system £250
- 2. Gearbox to suit above -Thames Meadow /recently reconditioned - VGC / £300
- 3. Windlass (8 mm chain) - manual - £50
- 4. Self steering System - Ray Marine £50
- 5. Trailing Log / manual - make walker. £50
- 6. Throttle control (Morse) & Cable steering system - £ 75
- 7. Anchor -CQR 35 lbs. £25
- 8. Anchor Chain - calibrated - 22 m (70 ') 8mm £30
- 9. Duck boards - Teak construction 2 off dims 48" x 30" £30 each
- 10. Stanchions ( 8 off) and guard rails (stainless steel) £60
- 11. Push-pit (stainless steel) £30
- 12. Pull-pit (stainless steel) £30
- 13. Propeller - 14" / 3 bladed phosphor bronze steep pitch £50
- 14. Propeller shaft (stainless steel) 1" diameter - length 5/6 feet £30
- 15. Fuel Tank -20 gallons (metal) £10
- 16. Boarding ladder -6 ' £25
- 17. Fenders -5 off £10
- 18. Boat hook £10
- 19. Compass binnacle - and stand (Sestrall) £150
- 20. Various pieces of Mahogany from boat £ negotiable
- 21. Radio -DSC - Cobra £30
- 22. Lead Ballast -1 tonne in 2 bilge keels £800 (Buyer removes)
- 23. 38' Mast (Z/Spars) & Rigging and sails to suit (Kevin Turner Main and jib). £1500
All items can be viewed at Benfleet Yacht Club. All prices negotiable.
Please contact Frank Martin on:
Posted on behalf of two Benfleet Yacht Club Members: Derek Lawson-Smith and Bill Offord
Wanted for use on Benfleet Yacht Club grounds.
Derek and Bill are after an older type 12 volt 1.1KW starter motor with open shaft with no protective dome over mechanism to convert a water pump into electric start. Type used on earlier Landrovers or similar.
Ideally it will be anticlockwise which is opposite to normal. If not we can have a go at altering internal wiring to reverse direction.
Condition not important as Bendix mechanism is not required as is a damaged flange as new mounting tabs will be welded to side.
Please see attached picture and link to YouTube video
If you are able to help, please contact Paul Field. Click here to send an email