BYC Cadet Week 2023 - BOOKINGS NOW CLOSED
BYC Cadet Week 2023
Wednesday 16th to Sunday 20th August (both inclusive)
AS OF 9TH AUGUST 2023, BOOKING FOR THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED
Full details of this event can be found on the "Cadet Week" page on the BYC website - click here for further details.
Cost is £150 per person if using a club provided boat, or £120 per person when using your own 'suitable' boat.
This fee includes lunch, a cooked evening meal, plus snacks and refreshments throughout the day.
Places will be limited to 45 students. In the event that this course is over-subscribed, selection will be made based on past year's sailing record where applicable (Sailing Committee discretion).
Please scroll further down this page to register your "expression of interest" to participate in Cadet Week 2023
No deposit or payment required at present - fees will be invoiced nearer to the time of the event.
You will need to log into your Membership Portal to complete the registration process.
You will also be able to register new / first-time applicants ahead of submitting their application for club Membership.
A brief guide to help you make your booking:
- Scroll further down this page to the section labeled "Book".
- If not already logged in to your membership portal - log-in using your email and password.
- A new student can be registered for the course ahead of their membership application approval. Existing Parent / Grand Parent members can register on behalf of a new Cadet by logging into their personal Portal (below). However, for new / first time applicants with no connection to an existing club member, who are in the process of applying for BYC membership, select "Create an Account Now" and enter the requested details before registering the course.
- You will then be presented with two booking options:
- a) Cadet Application with own boat, or
- b) Cadet Application requiring a club boat.
- Select the appropriate "Book" icon.
- Within each of the booking options, you can enter the name of the participating student. If the student is already listed part of your family group, select the relevant name under "For Whom". If not listed, please select "Add New" and enter the requested details.
- When providing your own boat within the "own boat" booking option, enter the relevant details of the boat being used.
- If you require further help, please contact Paul Field (System Administrator) via email: click here to send an email.
Terms & conditions for enrolling onto Cadet Week:
- Places are limited to 45 students, due to Instructor resources, boat availability and on-shore facilities etc. Places are allocated on a first come first served basis.
- Allocation of "Club Boats" will be prioritised to new 'first-time' Cadet Week participants. After that, any remaining club boats will be allocated based on level and ability.
- Any "Own Boats" must be suitable for the course level applied for, in good order and adequately insured. BYC reserves the right to refuse use of an "Own Boat" if considered unsuitable.
- Minimum student age 8 years old at start of the Cadet Week.
- To assist with the smooth running of the Cadet Week event, support from at least one Parent / Grandparent / Guardian is required: with minimum commitment to at least 1 weekday plus 1 weekend day per applicant. Jobs will be allocated prior to Cadet Week, by the Administration Team, and may be on or off the water subject to need.
- In order to comply with Insurance and Leisure Activity requirements, all Cadet Week participants must be enrolled as "Cadet Members".
- Click here to download a copy of the BYC membership application form.
- No exceptions to these rules will be made under any circumstances.
This event has finished - tickets are no longer available.
Use the members portal to manage any tickets you have for this event.
16 August 2023↑HW 01:25 5.46m
↑HW 13:42 5.44m
17 August 2023↑HW 02:00 5.55m
↑HW 14:16 5.54m
18 August 2023↑HW 02:34 5.60m
↑HW 14:48 5.62m
19 August 2023↑HW 03:06 5.61m
↑HW 15:21 5.64m
20 August 2023↑HW 03:38 5.56m
↑HW 15:51 5.59m
Tide data for Southend on Sea