BYC Cadet Sail Training Week 2022
BYC Cadet Week 2022
Wednesday 27th to Sunday 31st July (both inclusive)
Full details of this event can be found on the "Cadet Week" page on the BYC website - click here for further details.
Cost is £165 per person if using a club provided boat, or £110 per person when using your own 'suitable' boat.
This fee includes snacks and refreshments throughout the day and a full evening meal.
Places will be limited to 45 students. In the event that this course is over-subscribed, selection will be made based on past year's sailing record where applicable (Sailing Committee discretion) - Cadet Week now fully subscribed - see highlighted message above.
Please scroll further down this page to register your "expression of interest" to participate in Cadet Week 2022
No deposit or payment required at present - fees will be invoiced nearer to the time of the event.
You will need to log into your Membership Portal to complete the registration process.
You will also be able to register new / first-time applicants ahead of submitting their application for club Membership.
A brief guide to help you make your booking:
- Scroll further down this page to the section labeled "Book".
- If not already logged in to your membership portal - log-in using your email and password.
- A new student can be registered for the course ahead of their membership application approval. Existing Parent / Grand Parent members can register on behalf of a new Cadet by logging into their personal Portal (below). However, for new / first time applicants with no connection to an existing club member, who are in the process of applying for BYC membership, select "Create an Account Now" and enter the requested details before registering the course.
- You will then be presented with two booking options:
- a) Cadet Application with own boat, or
- b) Cadet Application requiring a club boat.
- Select the appropriate "Book" icon.
- Within each of the booking options, you can enter the name of the participating student. If the student is already listed part of your family group, select the relevant name under "For Whom". If not listed, please select "Add New" and enter the requested details.
- When providing your own boat within the "own boat" booking option, enter the relevant details of the boat being used.
- If you require further help, please contact Paul Field (System Administrator) via email: click here to send an email.
Terms & conditions for enrolling onto Cadet Week:
- Places are limited to 45 students, due to Instructor resources, boat availability and on-shore facilities etc. Places are allocated on a first come first served basis.
- Allocation of "Club Boats" will be prioritised to new 'first-time' Cadet Week participants. After that, any remaining club boats will be allocated based on level and ability.
- Any "Own Boats" must be suitable for the course level applied for, in good order and adequately insured. BYC reserves the right to refuse use of an "Own Boat" if considered unsuitable.
- Minimum student age 8 years old at start of the Cadet Week.
- To assist with the smooth running of the Cadet Week event, support from at least one Parent / Grandparent / Guardian is required: with minimum commitment to at least 1 weekday plus 1 weekend day per applicant. Jobs will be allocated prior to Cadet Week, by the Administration Team, and may be on or off the water subject to need.
- In order to comply with Insurance and Leisure Activity requirements, all Cadet Week participants must be enrolled as "Cadet Members".
- Click here to download a copy of the BYC membership application form.
- No exceptions to these rules will be made under any circumstances.
27 July 2022↑HW 00:21 5.23m
↑HW 12:48 5.25m
28 July 2022↑HW 01:06 5.37m
↑HW 13:28 5.38m
29 July 2022↑HW 01:45 5.48m
↑HW 14:05 5.48m
30 July 2022↑HW 02:23 5.56m
↑HW 14:41 5.55m
31 July 2022↑HW 02:59 5.61m
↑HW 15:16 5.58m
Tide data for Southend on Sea