BYC Cadet Sail Training Week (5 days) Provisional
Please be advised that as of 23/02/2021, we have reached our booking limit.
Members can still register, but applications made after this date will be added to the waiting list.
It may be possible that some already registered will cancel later on.
BYC Cadet Week 2021
Friday 23rd to Tuesday 27th July (both inclusive)
Full details of this event can be found on the "Cadet Week" page on the BYC website - click here for further details.
Planning of the 2021 BYC Cadet Week will be subject to the Covid19 restrictions that may be in place at the time, but for now we have to remain optimistic that this event will go ahead.
Cost £155 per person if using a club provided boat, or £100 per person when using your own 'suitable' boat.
This fee includes snacks and refreshments throughout the day and a full evening meal.
Places will be limited to 45 students. In the event that this course is over-subscribed, selection will be made based on past year's sailing record where applicable (Sailing Committee discretion) - Cadet Week now fully subscribed - see highlighted message above.
Please scroll further down this page to register your "expression of interest" to participate in Cadet Week 2021
No deposit or payment required at present - fees will be invoiced nearer to the time of the event once we are certain that it can go ahead.
You will need to log into your Membership Portal to complete the registration process.
You will also be able to register new / first-time applicants ahead of submitting their application for club Membership.
A brief guide to help you make your booking:
- Scroll further down this page to the section labeled "Book".
- If not already logged in to your membership portal - log-in using your email and password.
- A new student can be registered for the course ahead of their membership application approval. Existing Parent / Grand Parent members can register on behalf of a new Cadet by logging into their personal Portal (below). However, for new / first time applicants with no connection to an existing club member, who are in the process of applying for BYC membership, select "Create an Account Now" and enter the requested details before registering the course.
- You will then be presented with two booking options:
- a) Cadet Application with own boat, or
- b) Cadet Application requiring a club boat.
- Select the appropriate "Book" icon.
- Within each of the booking options, you can enter the name of the participating student. If the student is already listed part of your family group, select the relevant name under "For Whom". If not listed, please select "Add New" and enter the requested details.
- When providing your own boat within the "own boat" booking option, enter the relevant details of the boat being used.
- If you require further help, please contact Paul Field (System Administrator) via email: click here to send an email.
Terms & conditions for enrolling onto Cadet Week:
- Places are limited to 45 students, due to Instructor resources, boat availability and on-shore facilities etc. Places are allocated on a first come first served basis.
- Allocation of "Club Boats" will be prioritised to new 'first-time' Cadets. After that, any remaining club boats will be allocated based on level and ability.
- Any "Own Boats" must be suitable for the course level applied for, in good order and adequately insured. BYC reserves the right to refuse use of an "Own Boat" if considered unsuitable.
- Minimum student age 8 years old at start of the Cadet Week (raised from 7 years commencing with Cadet Week 2020).
- To assist with the smooth running of the Cadet Week event, support from at least one Parent / Grandparent / Guardian is required: with minimum commitment to at least 1 weekday plus 1 weekend day per applicant. Jobs will be allocated prior to Cadet Week, by the Administration Team, and may be on or off the water subject to need.
- In order to comply with Insurance and Leisure Activity requirements, all Cadet Week participants must be enrolled as "Cadet Members".
- Click here to download a copy of the BYC membership application form.
- No exceptions to these rules will be made under any circumstances.
23 July 2021↑HW 00:07 5.60m
↑HW 12:43 5.46m
24 July 2021↑HW 01:04 5.79m
↑HW 13:35 5.61m
25 July 2021↑HW 01:57 5.93m
↑HW 14:21 5.71m
26 July 2021↑HW 02:45 5.99m
↑HW 15:06 5.76m
27 July 2021↑HW 03:30 5.95m
↑HW 15:48 5.74m
Tide data for Southend on Sea