BYC Latest Covid19 Clubhouse and Bar operating procedure, supporting Essex Tier 2 High Alert Category
Published 00:00 on 17 Oct 2020
Keeping our staff & members safe
Thank you for supporting your club and the bar. Your Committee have put the following measures in place to minimise the risk of viral transmission between everyone using the club and bar.
Please follow the guidance below. Many of these are now legal requirements.
In all areas you should continue to remember 'Hands. Face. Space':
- Hands wash your hands regularly and for 20 seconds, use the sanitiser provided.
- Face wear a face covering in indoor settings where social distancing may be difficult, and where you will come into contact with people you do not normally meet. This means you must wear a face covering inside the Club House unless seated.
- Space stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with where possible, or 1metre with extra precautions in place (such as wearing face coverings, increased cleaning, increased ventilation indoors).
- Activities - organised sport can continue to take place outdoors;
- Outside - you must not socialise in a group of more than 6 outside, including in a garden or other spaces like beaches or parks;
- Inside - you must not mix with anybody outside of your household or support bubble in any indoor setting, whether at home or in a public place. You must wear a face covering in the Club House unless seated in the bar.
In the Clubhouse and Bar (all areas):
- The Bar - businesses are required to ensure customers only consume food and drink while seated, and must close between 10pm and 5am;
- Test & Trace - Everyone who uses the Bar MUST either sign in or scan the "QR" code;
- Distancing - All members are welcome to use the bar but must only share a table with members of their own household / bubble.
- Visitors - Members are welcome to bring visitors to the Club but they cannot sit at the same table in the bar, unless from the same household. Outside, groups of up to 6 are allowed, but with 1m separation between each person. Visitors are permitted in line with BYC Rule no. 17.
- Face Coverings - Wear a facecovering when inside the Club House 'until seated' at your table.
- One Way System - Follow the one-way system within the building: enter through front door & exit via the Dowsing Room balcony stairs. When using the toilets enter through the outside door and exit into the entrance hall.
- Buying Drinks - Only one member of your party should order drinks and take them to the table.
- Tables and Chairs - Do not rearrange the tables and chairs. Remain seated at one table - do not swop tables. Chairs & tables will be sanitised between customers. Please do not use a table if requested by staff.
- Used Glasses and Crockery - Place used glasses in the basket to the left of the bar. Single glass use only. Crockery to be placed in the basket by the kitchen door.
- Ventilation some windows / doors will remain open. Please do not close without permission.
- Payment by contactless card wherever possible to avoid handling of cash.
Thank you for your co-operation and support
The Flag Officers & Committee
Updated 17th October 2020