Unfortunately, the small print
Terms & conditions for enrolling onto Cadet Week
- Places are limited to 45 students, due to Instructor resources and boat availability, and are allocated on a first come first served basis.
- Allocation of “Club Boats” will prioritised to new cadets. After that, any remaining club boats will be allocated based on level and ability. Any “Own Boats” must be suitable for the course level applied for, in good order and adequately insured. BYC reserves the right to refuse use of “Own Boat” if considered unsuitable.
- Minimum age requirement is 7 years at "start" of course.
- Minimum age will be raised to 8 commencing with 2020 Cadet Week.
- In order to comply with Insurance and Leisure Activity requirements, all Cadet Week participants must be enrolled as "Cadet Members". Click here for a membership application form.
No exceptions to these rules will be made under any circumstances
BYC Cadet Week 2019
Wednesday 31st July to Sunday 4th August (both inclusive)
Covering the RYA Junior Sail Training Scheme
Cost £155 if using a club provided boat, or £100 when using your own 'suitable' boat
Fee includes snacks and refreshments throughout the day and a full evening meal
Places are limited to 45 students. In the event that this course is over-subscribed, selection
will be made based on past year's sailing record where applicable (Sailing Committee discretion)
click on the icon below
Changes to Cadet Week 2019
In order to ensure Cadet Week is a success and sustainable for the future, this year onwards, we require a commitment from the Cadet’s Parent / Grandparent / Guardian to support the provision.
The adult family member must commit to at least 1 weekday and 1 weekend day per application.
Jobs will be allocated prior to Cadet Week, by the Administration Team, and may be on or off the water subject to need.
Something to keep the "Instructors" occupied when the wind was too strong for sailing
Cadet Sail Training Week
Each summer, usually at the start of the school summer holidays, Benfleet Yacht Cub run a sail training course, held over a 5 day period, for our Cadet members ranging from 7 to 18 years old. The training programme follows the RYA Youth Training Scheme at all levels. All of the training team are RYA qualified Dinghy Instructors, Senior Instructors and Assistant Instructors, with the majority being BYC members. Lunch, snacks and a full evening meal is provided for each day. A great opportunity for our younger members to learn to sail, and great fun too.
Benfleet Yacht Club, Canvey Road, Canvey Island, Essex. SS8 0QT. || Telephone 01268.792278 || www.benfleetyachtclub.org
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018
Benfleet Yacht Club are required by law to comply with the General Data Protection Policy Regulations (GDPR) of May 2018, which stipulate how we use, store and process members and compitors personal and boat data.
Students participating in the Benfleet Cadet Week, along with sponsoring parents / legal guardians, will have their personal data recorded and used as detailed in our club's Data Protection Policy document. Click here for further details.
Please note that video and photographs will be taken throughout this event for the club's use.
Click on Burgee to return to Home page
Full site menu at bottom of page